We’re looking for Oakland organizations, businesses, and individuals who have a skill to share or who are interested in leading an activity at the Institute for Urban Living!
Skills we’re actively seeking:
- History buffs to lead tours of Jack London Square or the nearby area
- Gardeners to lead short planting, pruning, composting, or other gardening activities
- Food preservation aficionados to teach about canning, fermenting, using cultures, etc.
- Runners, walkers, or cyclists to lead a group on an easy route that starts and ends at the market
- Artists and crafters to teach a DIY activity
- Anyone with any other awesome ideas to engage our visitors, promote your work, and bring new people to the market!
Whatever you have to offer, we’re interested in hearing about it!
The perks for guest presenters?
- Lots of free advertising for your organization or business
- A presence at one of Oakland’s largest farmers’ markets
- Potential for ongoing partnership with our market or others within our not-for-profit association
- Possible opportunity to sell your own work at the market (depends on product)